Pegged

As part of the shop project we wanted to clean up the front wall of the basement and give ourselves more peg board to get organized! Always a lofty goal.

20130806-005548.jpg

But before we could do anything I had to patch the crumbling masonry. (And taking into account the old stone and brick we had to make our own, softer mortar mix so not to damage the old materials.)

20130806-005612.jpg

And of course no project is without surprises… the existing window sill was completely rotted out and the wood blocking that was once below was completely gone, disintegrated.

20130806-005745.jpg

So we put in new pressure treated blocking and patched all the masonry around it.

20130806-005819.jpg

So finally after all that we actually got to frame out the wall with furring strips for the peg board.

20130806-005847.jpg

The window received new jamb extensions to bring them out to the face of the board and a new sill. We also clad the exterior sill in aluminum to help keep it from rotting out again.

We ran power behind the wall for a new power strip on the surface.

20130806-005912.jpg

Once all the above was done the peg board itself went up fast. You did put one coat of white paint behind the board before we started hanging it.  You can also see that we installed the peg board on the inside of the new wall we built for the sliding door.

20130806-005938.jpg

And all done with the peg board!  The window also got trimmed out and the power strip is installed.

20130806-010007.jpg

Next up, painting everything a nice bright & clean white…

 

 

We'd love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s