Our plans include:
Rewire entire house (over half of it is currently 100yr old knob & tube wiring in pretty bad shape) 100% brand new Kitchen Create a new opening between Kitchen & Living room and widen the existing opening between Kitchen & Dining Room Create a new half-bath, coat closet and built-in credenza on the first floor Reopen boarded up bow window in Living Room the frame is done, have started designing with McElf Glass Studio who will create a gorgeous custom window
Open a boarded up bow window on the north side in the Master bedroom closet Open a boarded-up window in the Kitchen (north side) Replace the existing Kitchen Window– Open a boarded up window which will end up being in the half-bath 100% brand new Bathroom
The little bedroom – needs a makeover (empty, remove carpet, patch & paint, some woodwork to conceal HVAC unit in portion of the ceiling) Create a linen closet on the 2nd floor (and a bonus mini closet) – Remove wonky closet from orange bedroom and create new closets for both “spare” bedrooms Add a “conditioned” closet/ attic above the closets in the bedrooms for additional storage (suitcases, out of season comforters, etc) Repaint 2nd floor hall, add new lights Install trim that matches existing historic profile in Living room (will be stained oak) Strip & refinish the fireplace Replace the mantel with stone
- Add a ventless gas insert to fireplace
- Refinish the handrails and newell posts in the stair from 1st to 2nd flr
- Paint the hall and front entry;
hang new light fixture
- Replace ceiling light fixtures in Dining Room & Living room
- Laminate new drywall to Dining Room ceiling or skim coat with plaster
- Install wainscot, picture rail and possibly crown moulding in Dining Room (painted)
- Create a basement workshop!
- Repaint hall to third floor
Revamp the back porch area – new sliding gate & stepsDONE!
- Revamp the front door (future stained glass? new house numbers? fix the wonky door)
- New basement window(s) along alley (currently boarded over)
- Future -future – future plans may include a possible upper roof deck… yeah we will have to keep dreaming on this one!