Poly O What Fun

The cork came pre-finished, but the manufacturer recommended a few coats of water based polyurethane after installation… Today was the day:

I gathered my poly, a paint pan liner, a ‘chip’ brush (disposable paint brush), and an applicator specifically for water based poly which screws onto a standard broom handle. Here’s what I started with:

I started in the furthest corner, working toward the door, in the direction of the tiles, and used the chip brush to cut in the edge. Using water based poly is like mopping with hand soap, or watered down glue- not really in a good way:

After it was done I waited two hours, then it was time to lightly sand the first coat:

After some microfiber-ing, I put on another coat, with probably one more coat to go:

I poly-ed the threshold too while I was at it. Fun tasks for a snowy day!

We'd love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s