Fixing a Surprise

Remember last December’s surprise leak at our deck door?

Well we fixed the leak right away but the gaping hole in our bedroom ceiling from where we cut out the wet drywall and plaster stuck around for a bit longer… and it is time for it go away.

So we squared off the drywall for an easier patch, vacuumed out the ceiling, and reinsulated.

Then the hole was infilled with some scrap plywood to bring the substrate out to the face of the old plaster and give a good base to screw into.

And finally up goes the drywall and no more scary black hole to look into when you wake up at 3am!

Next up … more spackling… fun : /

We'd love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s