Staining to match existing is tricky business. Tonight we tried our hand at it, with pretty perfect results (and a lil bit of frustration mixed in for good measure). Here it’s sanded, ready to go:
We bought two stains to try, cherry being one if them. Well it was right on. Partial Progress:
So the frustration came with a few ‘replacement boards’ which we think are veneer plywood and just didn’t take the stain in one coat like the old old pine. After a few coats and a booster shot of the super dark stain we used on the vanity, the almost blend in…
So, this just needs a coat of poly and then it’s ready for some rock!
Pingback: Learning Curve « Madison Square·