Installing the tub wasn’t all that bad. It just required a lot of test fitting and making sure things were just-so, including the drain and overflow plumbing.
We really utilized the access panel in our first flr coat closet to finalize the tub drain… It’s impossible to do otherwise! Here’s our funky plumbing due to the fact that luck brought our drain down right onto a structural joist. We’re not your average plumbers so we try not to cut too much structure- we took the drain around. Sorry plumbers but you need to be creative:
Of course we had to level up the tub which required some shims. We’ve gone thru a LOT of shims the past week!
I think we test fitted three times, then came the fun part: tub install!!